- This event has passed.
LaundryCares Literacy Summit – Session 1
September 15, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:45 pm
The intersection of laundry and learning happens here.
Join us for our 3rd Annual LaundryCares Literacy Summit hosted by the LaundryCares Foundation and the Clinton Foundation’s Too Small to Fail initiative. Discover how laundromats can play an important role in promoting equity and increasing access to educational resources for children and families in local communities nationwide.
Advancing childhood literacy in everyday spaces
- Learn how laundromats can be used to support early learning and strengthen communities.
- Hear from national leaders on how to drive impact through innovative cross-sector partnerships.
- Advance your knowledge in early literacy development by hearing from experts in the field.
- Be the first to hear about new research findings from our latest study on literacy promotion through laundromats.
- Network with passionate professionals to share ideas, best practices, and resources.
- Get inspired and energized to make a difference in your community!
Let’s Talk About Laundromats
Brian Wallace, CEO
Coin Laundry Association
President Bill Clinton
Overview of Laundry Literacy Coalition Partnership
Patti Miller, Too Small to Fail
Jane Park, Too Small to Fail
Brian Wallace, Coin Laundry Association
Panel Discussion: Laundromats and Their Essential Role in a COVID World
Brian Holland, Laundry Café (Philadelphia)
Jim Whitmore, WSI Laundry Corporation
Jane Wolfe, Wash World (New Orleans)
Panel: Community & Family Engagement Through Laundromats During COVID and Beyond
Rachel Stine, Book Harvest
Tarasa Lown, Greater Watertown
Community Health Foundation
Christine McCourtney, NOLA Public Library
Dea Wright, City of Milwaukee Office of Early Childhood Initiatives
Q&A and Wrap Up
Networking: Coffee & Conversation
With Special Guest Andrea Davis Pinkney, Children’s Author
(2:45 – 3:30pm EST)